Future: English for Results incorporates research-based teaching strategies, corpus-informed language, and the best of modern technology. Future was developed in dialogue with teachers. We listened to what teachers asked for and responded with a six-level, four-skills series that provides:
- Meaningful content to keep learners engaged and motivated
- Thorough treatment of grammar from controlled to open practice
- Carefully scaffolded explicit skills development
- Abundant practice for students that includes pair and group work as well as opportunities for students to practice at home
- State-of-the-art assessment through imbedded assessment and ongoing opportunities for students to reflect on the goals they’ve reached as they progress through each unit
- 21st Century technology in the hands of both teachers and students
Future serves students’ real-life needs by addressing what is most critical to students’ success in their personal and family lives, in the workplace, as members of the community, and in their academic pursuits. Future provides outstanding coverage of life skills competencies, basing language teaching on actual situations students are likely to encounter and equipping them with the skills they need to achieve their goals.