Future: English for Results addresses the diverse needs of adult learners — those preparing to transition into a career or post-secondary education, those wanting to help their families, and those wanting to improve their own lives. Anyone wishing to succeed in today’s world must possess a constellation of skills that include problem solving, verbal communication, and computer and technology-based skills that are appropriate for the fast-paced, information-driven jobs of today.
Future: English for Results offers a single solution for multilevel classroom instruction preparing students for both college and career pathways addressing essential work skills and literacy in the areas of global, digital, civics, financial, and health.
Support for Transitions
- Curriculum supports students’ transitions into postsecondary education and the workplace.
- Develops transferrable skills including critical thinking, communication, and self-directed learning.
- Research-based teaching strategies provide creative solutions for all stages of lesson planning and implementation.
- Reproducible activities and games engage students through different modalities.
- Below- and above-level variations for every lesson plan.
- Picture and word cards help kinesthetic and visual learners acquire new vocabulary.
21st Century Skills
buy valium without prescription
- Addresses multiple literacies that represent global awareness, civics, finance, and health.
- Develops students’ informational and visual literacies to understand and process new information.
- Prioritizes the skills and competencies needed to succeed in school and in the workplace, such as collaboration, planning and prioritizing, self-direction, and adapting to complex situations.
Dr. Beatriz B. Diaz is the district supervisor for the Miami-Dade County Public Schools Adult ESOL Program, one of the largest in the United States
Ronna Magy is the author of adult ESL publications on life skills and test preparation, U.S. citizenship, reading and writing, and workplace English.
Federico Salas-Isnardi has trained teachers of adult English language learners for 20 years on topics ranging from language acquisition and communicative competence to classroom management and individualized professional development planning.